Monday, January 10, 2011

Wishful thinking?




This last image the other evening I am not sure I can claim with confidence because it might be wishful thinking. It was the image of a man in a court robe. It was judgement, not mine but God's. I thought, finally because why shouldn't this place be judged? i do pray for that day and I am willing to be judged as well as I have alot of the prejudices and problems that I criticize others for but the difference is I try to overcome them - I am honest about them. I had and still have a problem with some of these immigrants in this country, I grew up with some of these bigotries but I try to remove them by loving my enemy and in doing so I have met some of the most beautiful people.It is like Martin Luther King, it does come down to the content of a person's character. I often experience prejudice from them however which have not been removed because they bring them with them particulalry with the Hatian and Jamican community because they hate mullatos.There is also a lot of homphobia that demies people's rights. These prejudices are very ugly and some times they do appear ugly to me.I have experienced a lot of prejudices from the black community because I am of mixed heritages but I haved removed that pain of rejection to overcome with love - I am essentially black and they are the people I predominantly know. This prejudice has denied my rightful place to actively make descisons as a citizen of this country because they feel they are the only ones who feel entitled to it. My problem with some of the white and mullato community here is perhaps more complicated because of political reasons but I think when all is said and done , it really does do come down to our racial divisions. I will always just be a 'nigger' to some of them and they the 'superiorities'. That has not changed in 500 years.I have set my course and believe I should just keep going according to conscience, that is all I have. I use language bluntly because it is important to keep it real for me. People with either accept me or not for my honest talk ...So God, judge on, for me you are still on your thrown - continue to strive for equality, whomever and what ever. It is good for the country and strengthens our Democracy!...

No comments: