Thursday, January 6, 2011

Reward...

I saw the image again of a single Elephant last evening. It was beautiful and fully grown.I believe that the only way to get these rewards of spiritual growth is to travel the journey. I try to do everything through meeting by touching people or more directly through my art with surrender. There will be some who may say that Africa is not my culture. These are the 'racists' I speak about who see identity in terms of racial purity but what I speak about is something more profound that has to do with a consciousness that transcends race into the universal. Remember I do not claim any of these symbols as my own but reflecting a higher order of consiouness which we all belong to. I have tried to explain this through out. You can't fool the heavens, so if this be your course be of good courage and I think it all just comes down to respecting whomever you are. I would have hoped that I would have seen the end to our racial divide here in the Bahamas in my life time but people are far too cautious particularly regarding race and class. There is also racism in the white community as well however subltle or overt. Live and let live I guess and work with those who are willing to work with you - there are some from both. I come from and grew up in the black community so I guess they are the people I know best and predomantly relate to them most of all. I do keep my hands stretched out however for those who may be brave enough to hold it. Believe it or not there may not be many but there are some who do. Actually, I have some good white Bahamian friends but in the Bahamas politics will always be the divide and in my opinion this line here for the most part, is drawn through race and class. One need only live in this community to understand this subtly and how it manifests from both sides. I do not speak for everybody but I am just being honest to my personal experiences - many have just given up. I forget because I've been away for such a long time that we have not changed in forty years here and people are as divided as ever. I don't care any more really- life is just too short and I don't see what the big deal is!
Incidently, Green peace is just stopping over for a while but they should take a closer look at what is happening here with regards to the depletion of our natural resources - our relationship with the West is one that should be scrutinized at the moment as there is much exploitation happening with regards to it. I still applaud these environmentalists however, they are the 'rainbow warriors' and we need independent organzations like them to draw attension to global environmental issues free of personal politics or Corporate interests...peace to you and love...

No comments: