Monday, January 10, 2011

Love and the Art of healing...

This is about the road to recovery for those who have fallen victim to alcohol and drug abuse. It is important to begin healing with the self. That is the first love above all else. Years of drinking has brought a terrible toll on my health and I never realized it. I never cared. If you are gay in particular and have fallen prey to substance abuse then know that you matter. You are important and are worth it. Self hatred and being lost in that confusion is a process that takes time to get over but recovery can happen gently - love your self. You are beautiful really. Stopping smoking is going to be the hardest journey so I will begin by cutting down (ten a day to begin with). This is a process of healing that involves body, mind and spirit. I need to grow in all and like I said this thing we call 'culture does not encourage it. Everyone should abandon it really but this is your 'choice' in a free society- it really is a ploy to keep you drunk and dizzy when they do all kind a shit around you. My'chassy' needs repairing and this comes before everything- yes even art. Love will find its way eventually but not before loving yourself completely. So even though I hate it..it's more fruits and vegetables for me. Wish me luck on this path toward a new recovery...peace and love

No comments: