Friday, January 28, 2011

Chicken or Egg part 2...

Why do I believe in a God? I have faith and I intuitively feel some presence within me that makes me believe I am not alone in spirit. Perhaps that is not adequate for the non believer who has every right like me to question existance. For me it is not the question of which came first the chicken or the egg but where did atoms come from and who created them. From an athiest's perspective, it was the big bang and according to them, it is what created time as well. Perhaps science has an answer but it is just as ambiguous as the question itself and not proven either. I believe in an intelligent design of the Universe. This is pure faith as I cannot prove this. I have my imagination and great text of philosophies from which I draw inspiration. I have art.There is room for doubt and I do sometimes. I reserve that right. The point I am trying to make is that there must always be questions and reasoning happening when arguing points of everything. I believe we are both right and some truth to the athiest as I know the concept of 'nothingness' in which a God does not exist - there is nothing. It is a point where everything can happen and where everything can exist. I do not mean to be trite or try to explain fully something with my simple mind that is far too abstract to fathom. Simply put, the point of creating everything exists when there is nothing there. I believe there is energy always. It allows for new beginnings from a point of infinity. At that point we ourselves can join with God to co-create with equality - the micro meeting the great macro. I am still humble to know the greater hand exists in 'nothingness' that goes on forever which I can only meet fully I imagine until death. No one can create an atom but the imagination lives on forever...peace

No comments: