Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Advice for the young...

I just would like to give some of advice to some of our young before I move on to live my life. It is important to find yourself through your self-needs. It is important really to live according to your creed. I believe your purpose on earth is written in among the stars but sometimes it may require some humility that some before you do know something that you can learn from because I think I am talking about things that have always happened to us as a people and so when people come to you with some 'song and dance' that promises you the stars beware that you are not the one who they are trying to fuck up just to use against me. That too is a plan to kill off and fragment a generation by playing on some of your vanities, frustrations and anxieties. Sometimes to understand this you do have to look at the least among us with compassion and love. They are often forgotten ones and are always being 'fucked' -that's why many look so broke up. The Bahamas is a beautiful place with beautiful people and has always been with such potential -it is still an embryo in the making. I feel like giving up on myself all the time but then I remember I was put on this earth with purpose and keep going. I don't mean to be condescending but a Nation is a sum total of the whole, to fracture it beyond repair without that understanding where you come from without some respect deserves judgement (from me). I could have been one of those who could have picked up a gun and killed some of these people many times over based on the games I know they are playing on a people but I decided to challenge it through my art and expression, my love and inteligence. I am happy now. Why we always trust people more who do not even live or stay in this country is beyond me - but when some of these 'superiorities' (black, white or mullato)come to you...just say to them- yep, I's just one of them old 'niggies'. I say it now with a smile...peace, love and progress...

No comments: