Monday, January 17, 2011

Wisdom and stories...

I often use Biblical references in my poetry, although I am not very Religious. Religion sometimes can be used as an instrument of hate and a justification of killing. I hear that a lot from where I sit, even the act of stoning people for their 'sins'. I read the psalms occasionally along with many other teachings but love a good thriller a times. There is much wisdom in many things and I prefer not to throw the baby out with the bath water. I read stories and see them as such. I am a story teller. I believe prophets have existed both men and women and should be respected as such. Their words often reveal truths. I am not at war with anybody anymore and will take what I can apply within the spirit of unconditional love. For those who use the practice of Religion to hate, I say that you and I are on different courses. I hope there will be room in God's loving heaven for you. Otherwise let God's judgement reign and not yours...peace and God's love to you...

No comments: