Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Honest words brings truth...

I can begin to write now properly and intellegently as a writer with the full intension of challenging some of these existing norms which frustrate the process. It is the heart that brings truth and will reflect in one's words. One must have courage to speak them without apology, better yet to live them. If fear be an obstical then fight that within your self. Most people wish as little complication in their lives, so do I but as an artist It is my purpose to reflect my soul with honesty. It is merely my opinion but is a centre where I create from. It is the essence of my existance I strive for. I have given many images and symbols that relate to many cultures. I am not a real student of any of them. There are people who are but they did come to me through the creative purpose. It is important to remember that I saw them in the light of love and the correct version should bring that if applied properly to universal principles. It is as the creator intended. I am older now but speak with many young people. They bring me inspiration and I sense their frustration. I pray God gives them courage and strength to make the changes that need to happen here. I support them.I am not a politician and hate it absolutley. It appears to be the most ugliest of our realities and the most hateful. People are joining hands in the Bahamas now if not with me that is ok because I speak with everybody underneath my coconut tree. It is our old Bahamian way. I have no power but my words and art which I have dedicated my life to. To speak in the first person is not ego but I am hoping to take you through a transition which has been very personal to me. It is my sharing of a journey. I felt I needed to explain the metaphors within a spiritual context I use in my work as they are not spoken about in today's age and many of these philosphies have been forgotten or not taught correctly. Each person has their own reality. I can only speak for me. My problem is I fall in love far too easily with everything sometimes. It is my hopless optimism which can be very dissappointing and then I go through a negative period. Is our reality going to be African, European, any other, man or woman, gay or straight. I hope it will be a part of the every as our Bahamian reality. We each share this space we call home and should make up our part equally. It is how progress happens away from ego. It is starting at zero to create endless possibilties...peace love and eternity...

No comments: