Saturday, January 8, 2011

The symbol of Girraffs


Last night as a lay in bed I had the image of a single giraff. I know it may have a universal meaning but I am familiar with it as an African one in particular. In modern times, it has become a symbol for the African continent on the whole and essentially represents grace with intuitiveness and flexability. Its long kneck represents the ability to be visionary 'while still viewing the past and present.' It has a large heart. 'In some African traditions, the girraf is taken to every meeting to assure that the understanding of the heart is undersood as well as the head. It has the ablity to see things from every angle. The girraf uses strength and flexability to align the physical, mental and spiritual faculties of all situations.' My girraf then turned into many, one sat with an elephant with its trunk up. This is a symbol of prosperity. I share this with you as it is encouragement for me as well. I am not very wealthy but am becoming fulfilled as an artist. I am at the place I wish to be creatively. I guess some may ask i.e. those who may still care, what can they do to make some changes in our current situation when they too are feel that they are being sacrificed - that is every race and class. I believe everyone has their special talent to offer and people can help according to themselves. That is the sharing. I dream and believe in fostering them in others but I have also studied and learned. I have trained and given. I have worked for over twenty years in the area I speak about. I have risen and fell.I now wish to just sit underneath the coconut tree and paint. I touch who I can with love and am in no compitition with anyone but myself to do better. There are many hard working young people who just wish an opportunity and a chance like any of us ever did. Now I dream and see images literally. I believe in the power of the imagination. It is my gift and I thank God for it..and so I shall dream on...my father had a good slogan which is apt to what I believe is happening in the Bahamas and it is one that I think we need to understand with full warning, there must be progress without plunder - we are being plundered now and everytime I trust 'those' people I end up getting plundered and desimated. I think I speak as a citizen of the world when I say this. Let us stop for a moment to embrace proper development with minds and heart for ourselves and future generations. This is more valuable by far...peace to you and love...

No comments: