Sunday, January 30, 2011

Aligning Centers...

Why was going through this process of self realization necessary? I was fractured within my self and as a person. I was lost, conflicted and confused. I had become an alchoholic and yet all of this information was operating within my mind. I was angry! My writing and visual art seemed not to connect in any major interlectual way and my spirtuality was all over the place with no common through line. I had and have a lot of information stored up. It was impossible for me to develop any one style or a complete 'voice' as I did not really know where I was coming from as a person - I had many. At best all were shallow affectations of where I wished to be creatively.I knew all these facets of myself were all connected somehow but did not know how to align them. My full acceptance had to include my spirtuality above all else and I knew that the creative mind would follow. This was my path to freedom. I felt trapped and did not understand why. It was essentially about being honest with myself and having the courage to speak my truth. It seemed like I was revealing the world to others but in actual fact I was unveiling myself to myself. This whole process I understand carries more importance to me than anyone else but I hope I may have touched on some universal 'truths' that may inform or help others undersand better themselves or someone who like me was going through this struggle. I have a tendency to be far too abstract so I hope I did it with some clarity. I enjoy simplicity and my creative expression both in writing and the visuals is evolving into that. It is a unique passage so I know there will be points of departures from how another may perceive things. I encourage others whomever you may be to do the same critical work about yourselves. The creative process is a wonderful way to do it in and it could just start with a written diary or pictures. It may not come out in the images or the spiritual symbols I have seen but you have your own imagination and special things that relate to you - you have an imagination and the ability to love.That essentially what this has been -a diary of my life. I wanted this transition to evolve with myself and artistic expression and I shared it with you. I am more centered now and can develop mind, creativity and spirit better. I have a source from which to work from and all is going according to plan..Good luck...peace...

No comments: