Saturday, December 18, 2010

Teacher or Artist...


I have spent the past twenty years as some sort of facilitator and never really had the time to develope as the artist I wished to as it has always been about someone else. This is my time now so foregive the indulgences. I had a strange image the other night which some times I take seriously and some times not according to how I feel. I often wonder if my bi-polar is 'kicking' in. It's all good! It was the image of one of a huge building that resembled the inside of an Orthodox, Coptic church similar to the image I used minus the Christian references. It was like a temple. Three black men in robes appeared one after the other and a voice came to me saying that I was here to teach. I know I could have been a better teacher along the way but I too was learning and young. I have made many mistakes. I feel I have gathered sufficient information and experience to pass on some of what I have learnt. I know a lot about Modern art and its history. I am also well versed in the creative process. With these images and symbols, I am still learning but can apply some of what I know. Like I said, i have worked and studied hard and know a lot but there is much room for improvement. I can now take time for myself to develope more as an Artist - my dream and purpose. I invite you to join in this experience with me. I choose the medium of blog as I am tired of my own voice and really it is just my opinion so you can read it or not. Everyone has their own path as we are all equal under the Sun but we can learn from each other along the way. I continue to learn and discover always. What the 'message' may be suggesting is as I learn and dsicover as a creative artistic, I can pass on and share in the experience. I really should begin painting and creating some of these images and thoughts, perhaps I shall do some back tracking and will do them in my own style. Yes, I think I will in the New year...peace...

No comments: