Monday, December 20, 2010

Diversity is the spice...

I am working with two other artists now out on the wharf, Ray Cloutier's photographic prints - a Canadian citizen who has been here for over twenty years and Oreste, a Dominican Republic artist giving us paintings of a tropical, colorful flare on canvas. I will continue with my simple abstract, strange and deluded paintings which hopefully will venture into more abstraction with installation and collage work in the New year. I found it necessary to keep my activities alive by including these other works and variety is the spice of life as they say.We all come from different backgrounds and styles. Things are working out well with their contributions. I am not sure that many understand or like where I am coming from in my art and most people in the world really just wish for things they can understand to put in their homes or give as gifts. I need however, to continue on my path which is always subject to change. I might even return to a more figurative art after exhausting this avenue. We shall see but for now, everything is just great!

No comments: