Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Bleeding heart...

I confess that I am bleeding heart liberal and the icons I have chosen to follow thus far are those who felt deeply about humanity in its greatest depths. They are merely touch stones to see how far the human spirit can overcome. I did study pacifism in between courses at university and know some of their works- I have even met some of these people and their predecessors. There are many, many more that I have not even mentioned. I now wish a point of departure to live life accordingly. It is a journey that I fail continually. I have had the greatest teachers reminding me it is about the passage and about the learning. It is the Zen moment- from nothing, everything. For me, I seek it through art and creative expression. I hope to sincerely live it through the people I meet daily and for those who wish to remain me in past narratives, I must ignore or leave alone. There will always be pockects of hate or fear or resentments and politics will ever be the divide because there are sincere differences that need debate. Life is just too short to worry about all the change and finally it is about being happy. This is about describing a process of how I work and see the world creatively and interlectually. It is ever changing and I wish I were a better draftman as the last of the images have become very complex. The final images I have created have become very child-like( it should be about the young always). I hope to now start with the new if I am able after attempting to strip it to its essense. I've taken a beating in my sales. It is an old Bible story but there was a man who had no shoes and he was complaining until he went down the road and saw a man with no feet. There is truly always someone else worse off than you. Perhaps these new complex images is where my writing and the trancendental meanings may express itself. They have stopped for now, perhaps forever, I never know. I truly am happy where I am and meeting and knowing the people that I know. It is Nervana (Buddhist enlightenment).This was a great transformation and as a Bahamian would say, I feel blessed..peace....

No comments: