Thursday, December 30, 2010

Opinionated?

I have a lot of ideas and experiences that I have exposed onto these blog entries. I don't mean to be so opinionated but when I say love yourself at a point of one's cultural understanding, people should not feel threatened or feel that this journey is one that is necessarily meant for them. I was driven to make mine in that search of that sense of self- discovery and believe it was worth the effort however painful at times. Like I said, I have experienced deep prejudices from both races and each was just as hurtful as the next but I realized that my Identity was mine and not theirs. It was my entitlement beyond them. This can get very lonely at times. People are brought up to hate themselves because of who they are within a society and that is wrong: it is anti-God. I am suggesting there is a spiritual connection in understanding where one has come from in the 'womb' and a greater one from the Universe. In my poem 'Color me Blind', I say that there are no lines of divisions in God's 'blue' heaven. I believe that. We are brought up in a culture of shame that needs to be challenged continually because we do have to live on this earth and it too is a spiritual path toward self love...

No comments: