Friday, December 10, 2010

About 'Rise'...

The play 'Rise about a young gay male's struggle toward self-realization and the art exhibit 'Religion, myth and fantasy' have had to be put on the back burner because the slow economy and for financial reasons. Whomever I end up with will have to understand that I do suffer for my art and at times live on 'air' alone. I have tried to continue with some of these ideas on my blog entries but there is always another layer to reach and I hope to have great success with these projects. Having made this about my personal journey in self-transformation, I have had to go back to the drawing board with some re-writes for the play as I feel this must now be more about the human condition not a type. 'Rise' is a tender love story of a young man who finds himself in a human situation and I hope to address this without the fear of censorship to write the play I wish to write. I am very proud about how frank I have been and it took a lot of courage. We are now aiming to mount the production for the end of next year to be included in some of our festivals. The Art exhibit will follow...peace...

No comments: