Tuesday, December 21, 2010

All Roads...


I had a discussion with a Christian lady the other day and she said that 'all roads' do not lead to the same place. I agree but the sentiment that I aspire to is that 'all roads' that speak of love as its center, will. How can it not? It has been the nature of these blog entries and my basic philosophy. I am not an expert in any of it but am familiar enough with many. I also see these 'universal' symbols in my mind that may apply to much of the things I choose to speak about. Love is God as they all claim, the rest is just life that carries with it its experiences. Robert Frost the English writer, wrote the poem, 'A road less travelled'. It is about deciding to live one's life to the fullest and according to the path one feels one needs to take. It is a choice that is the individual's and should not come with any regrets. This is how I feel about it as well. Each has had its lessons - some painful and others satisfying but all benificial to learning and understanding love.
The problem comes with intolerance and a lack of respect for the other's perspective. No one I believe has the complete answer to life's mysteries but each is a path that holds some of the pieces to the puzzle. We together make up the whole if we claim love. The key is to exist within that reality free of fear. It is what I have chosen as a gay person that comes with a personal spiritual philosphy that I hold sacred as any other with equality. It is not at odds with any other exept when they deny my right to self-determine who I am as an individual. It is my right in a democracy and futher my reason for existance in the universe. It too is also purpose. I hope that I have pleaded a good case in my defense. It has been a struggle...peace, love and respect...

No comments: