Thursday, November 27, 2008

POT POURI
All had quieted down today. Mr Brown, a cab driver, passed by smiling boasting of his catch of fish for today which would provide him for a meal every day for a week- some jacks and a large grouper. Sidney with vigorous repertition continued to blow on his saxaphone while old Buck with broken arm in cast wiped down a Taxi van with an old cotton rag.. Buck who is an alcholic can generally be heard being so profane out there but with having nothing, the dock seems to be the only thing that he knows. Mr Beneby a local constable passed by scouting the area with earnest sincerety.I wonder alot about the people on the Wharf. Such a hodge potch and a pot pouri of difference which at times seems more like rejected indiviuals framing some sort of community or even family members however disfunctional.Nobody is perfect out there including me which makes us quite uncceptable to a larger society I think.Dark clouds formed in the West indicating that a huge down pour was expected later that day...I sanded down some old ply wood to work on some painting not quite formed in my mind. Odel sat down beside me under my Umbrella.. We spoke of her difficult pregnacy, now four months gone. I like Odel alot becasue she is so naturally kind and showed me such grace when I first arrived with my georgie bundle like some gypsie out on the Wharf.I sat back for a while, watching an eclectic bunch of people as they passed by. Odel and I laughed about how when you truly observed what people looked like, they are all such individual's so different..some fat some small, some short some tall..each coming with a unique finger print framed with the indvidual self..by now my obsessive observation led me to looking at noses and how ears and eyes each looked so different with hair ...husband and wife, mother and daughter.. ectA young couple who I caught kissing and snuggling earlier on my way to work walked past as we smiled at each other...what a wonderful pot pouri of life's existance it seemed today and with such harmony..yes it was a peaceful today down at the Wharf...and I felt at peace with myself

No comments: