Friday, November 5, 2010

Hope and the Imagination...

Do I really have conversations with a higher understanding? I believe so but I cannot prove anything. At the least I have an extraordinary imagination that strives for the highest ideals. It is a good moral compass to work from. I place it within some spiritual and creative narrative for me to comprehend and work from. I believe one should love whether there is a God or not. It is called being human. As much as I have celebrated my mother during this time in all honesty there were moments that I cursed her too for grounding me with that sense of morality. As far as I can remember she gave unselfishly with gentility and kindness. She was also a great intellect and avid reader who continually thought the state of the world She believed she had the power to change it- her power tool love. I suspect I can be a big turn off to some to think so deeply and to go on like this all the time. The mind is a powerful thing and can take you everywhere or even make you believe that the walls are caving in when they are not. Everything is about perspective and how one approaches life with a positivity and hope. I can get disillusioned at times and waver between the two worlds. That is being human. I believe the true dynamics for change is love. I shall keep speaking it as to change now in my late life is to agree to the lesser state of 'man'. I really love children and to play with them because in their innocence they can easily reach into the power of their imagination without any effort with joy and love. They are unfettered. The imagination springs hope and we should try to keep each others dreams alive- young and old. I make the grand assertion that this holds personal and greater 'truths' that keeps us connected as human beings. So whether there is a God or not I cannot say. Does it really matter outside of how we treat each other. I believe but doubt keeps me humble and faith with prayers contains that with humility....peace, love and respect....

No comments: