Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Acceptance...


I think I have the ability to frighten people. I don't mean to but I can get quite intense and passionate when I speak about something which I feel that is of some importance to myself. At times I think I can be too abrasive which has more to do with being honest about the given situation. It may lack some of the eloquence and sensitivity needed but I like to be frank and straight forward. Actually I am very mild mannered and my rebel rousing days have long since past. I sincerely try to put into practice what I preach so believe I come from a point of honest talk based on things that I encounter on a daily basis. These recent symbols are more than to do with art I believe but more about helping me with a spiritual anchor ultimately in this search for truth. This is important as I was essentially brought up as a Christian but I felt i needed to dismantle those organs to accept myself as the Church is fixed here and elsewhere that my preference is unacceptable.There is more to life than a Biblical principle and when we look at a greater world far more complex. The symbol that have remained constant for the past few days is the Five sided star symbol. That is, as I have indicated, is the star of Bethlehem and an emblem of Christianity. Remember that these symbols are from my understanding of a creative force emanating from the greater Universe which I have attempted to place myself creatively. Whether one believes it or not is the question but it is how I perceive this truth for myself. I am now satisfied that a loving Christian God accepts me unconditionally. so it no longer matters to me whether the Mosques or the Cathedrals or the Synagogue or the Rasta camps finds it acceptable. Like I said there is still much discussion that needs to be addressed in all of these faiths regarding equality and it is these people who feel the need to separate themselves at a point of love irrespective of anthers perspective not I. I also resent other women attempting to frame my identity for me. That right is exclusively mine and each of ours individually and so I shall continue rebelliously to achieve that aim. I certainly do not wish to live in a category.Love as I said remains the key to change. I shall continue to do it regardless of race, nationality or faith. That is my liberation. Forgive me when I fall short of this...Amen!

No comments: