Friday, November 12, 2010

Food...

I really thought of this last image that I put on. I know I can feel guilty because I know I can give more but really we touch people everyday in our lives- God sees. The kindest gesture may make a difference in someone's life however little. Sometimes I take more than I give.I believe education is what we really need here free of prejudice. I believe in critical thinking and that will empower the individual to make choices for themselves. Give him a fish if he needs it but teach him how to. Learn about self but without the context of anyone else is not balance. Any prejudice is ugly. The stations of the cross is an important symbol for Christians as it refers to the final hours of Christ - it is the ways of sorrow and there is much inequity here regarding many things. I think many have forgotten the poor. Sometimes I can get caught up in some of these narratives of division( its hard for me to hide) but when I engage I know it is my pride acting out. I hope art is enough as I have given to this and other communities again and again. Seeing the light of purpose means being and sometimes freedom requires seeing it. People may get jealous of that light but it will take you to the highest degree. Others may know that it is attainable for them just by that claim of you. Continue to be as it is also food. Peace, love and respect....

No comments: