Monday, February 7, 2011

Soulfully tired...

I am soulfully tired now perhaps it is the flu that I woke up with this morning but I feel the need to change direction from all this physical work that I have been doing. It takes a lot of early mornings and effort to do what I do out on the wharf. I go to construction sites, collect the discarded wood to use then saw and sand them off to paint on. I may be getting too old to continue this pattern and have to transfer my art onto canvas again. I welcome the change. I do love being physical however but would like more to channel this effort into my art rather than around it with all this bother. Today I met several people who complained about all these homosexuals coming off these cruise ships again - I get it all the time out there. I threw up my hands as to continually challenge these attitudes is also exhausting - I just said to them there is something wrong with 'those ' people and walked on. That response does seem to make Bahamians the most satisfied. Why argue? People are just threatened by things they don't understand and wont make the effort to. I have brought my heart and soul to these entries which has encompassed a world and universe. I feel I have touched on a lot that really does involve me as a complete human being with mind, body and soul. It is not an easy path that I have chosen and is full of complexities. I hope I have explained them adequately as sometimes just encoutering our attitudes here can make one feel that all is hopeless so why bother even to explain anything.I have now chosen to study Buddhism with the lessons that I have learned to take what I can use from it - it is merely a journey. I have gone through this transformation in a year which has seen me give up drinking and change spiritual directions. I have fallen in love but it is unrequited - sometimes the soul is not enough. I think that happens a lot with gay people - I am a hopless romantic and can be quite unrealistic. I am not easy I guess just a human being that has chosen to live outside of anyone's box. I am selling my poetry down out the wharf again with some success, that too is creative liberation. Love and peace to you what ever path you take as each is unique accompanied with your right to create and direct its course...

No comments: