Friday, February 4, 2011

Real Talk...

I wonder if I have become too personal onto these pages. I prefer to speak 'real talk' i.e. something that I am actually going through and to speak it plainly. It keeps me grounded in the experience. I do it with my art always. Everything I write or think about I experience in some form or another. I take my visuals from life. It is why I like being out on the street as they are real sketches that I draw with my imagination that happen immediately day by day. I wished not to over intellectualize what I was saying particularly with regards to my transformation and also with my alchohol abuse. These were very real conflicts in my life that caused me much confusion, I did not want to go beyond what I was thinking or feeling. Someone said to me today that I do not have a spiritual bone in my body. I was quite crushed after what I had tried to convey onto my blog of what I thought about life. I suppose if you know me I can come across as very simple, at times crass. I try to live life simply without the pretense and occasionally remember not to take it too seriously. I attempt to share in love with everyone I encounter and that to me is the most spiritual one can ever be. Everything else is just a guide by which to live by and I have touched on many things. My fears in the past made me avoid writing about what I was feeling or thinking and prevented me from expressing what I wanted to say. These are my conversations to share and talk through rather than formalize them in a style of writing. It is my 'voice' in real talk...peace...

No comments: