Monday, October 25, 2010

The Symbol of the Labyrinth...


The labyrinth is the title of my blog which I have created to promote free speech. I am a Democrat and believe thoughts however absurd should have a space to be aired freely. Generally, a labyrinth is compared to a maze, but there is a distinction of the two:' a maze refers to a complex branching puzzle with choices of path and direction; while a labyrinth has only a single, non-branching path, which leads to the center.' Certainly, it has appeared in many Religions and mythologies. It is an ancient symbol that relates to wholeness. Labyrinths have long been used as meditation and prayer tools. At the center is the heart of God. It is a path I hope to follow although I am quite capable of losing my way quite easily and reserve that human right but I do believe a life is a sacred journey that is about change, discovery, growth and transformation. As an artist I have tried however unsuccessful at times to make it about love. At times I have failed. Some of these symbols are either things I have thought of, learned about or had images interjected as part of the creative process. I am a strong believer is reason and do not follow anything blindly without critical thinking..so there is still plenty room for debate..thank God..may peace be with you and respect...

No comments: