Monday, October 18, 2010

Metaphor, Symbols and Philosophy...


I have taken this time on my blog to explain my world view in order to help understand these metaphors, symbols and philosophy that I use in my art and writings- to help me understand how I think after years of being an artist. It is specific to myself and based on a personal journey and interests. It will grow and change as I continue the creative process. May it be a long life of learning. This must be approached with humility as I truly do not know where creativity ultimately comes from or what a God looks like but I am beginning to find a truth for myself and that is always a beginning. I suspect I will never have the complete picture just may be pieces of the puzzle. Some of these philosophies have been forgotten by many in this new post modern age although as in any thing, I have addressed creativity and spirituality in a subjective way with the addition of my own feelings and discoveries, learning primarily from my mistakes. I have been eclectic in my approach and really until now it has been a collection of knowledge that I have never thought to connect in any compressive way or through line. It is why I wished to do the exhibit ' Religion, Myth and Fantasy' dealing with symbolic language to reveal universal truths. I see images, colors and dream. I can also be quite delusional in my expectations - it is the way of a romantic artist.What I have learned in terms of freedom is that beyond the clouds is a wonderful universe which I believe was intelligently designed by a creative force.I hope this has been as beneficial to others reading this as it has been to me. I hope you don't mind me sharing.It has been a step by step process as each fear or revelation occurred. It does not matter where one is the heavens are always there, big and wide.I thank your indulgence...peace, love and respect...and may we each find love on every level...

No comments: