Saturday, October 23, 2010

The symbols of Infinity...




I had a strange image that faintly emerged. At this point I can only say that I am human and may project some of these images but it is interesting all the same. I did see several geometric interchanging shapes of stars with different values . It is when the thought of infinity came up in linking some mathematical equation in relation to creation and my understanding of God. Infinity is a secular mathematical symbol for infinity in numbers, time or space. It is how I try to paint by removing lines in space to create greater freedoms. Creativity is an act of liberation. I have taken my lead from the great modern and Romantic visual artists from Turner , Van Gough, Picasso to the abstract expressionists such as Jackson Pollack. Infinity doesn't have a value. It's an ideal number. Certainly, I am no mathematician by any stretch of the imagination and still count with my fingers but the thought has occurred and one that has repeatedly come up in my poetry in particular the idea of zero - nothing and everything. It is boundless. Thus the value of nothing is everything- it is a point of line where all is possible. I shall approach this philosophically as I believe that the universe is more than a mathematical equation or the laws of physics. I shall explain how this relates to me personally regarding faith. It is merely conjecture as it is beyond proof at this time. God transforms infinite potential into experience.The symbol for infinity is also Universal sign and appears in many cultures from ancient times. I believe God exists at the point of zero mathematically and philosophical. It is where the energy of love emerges bringing creation into existence. On a more mundane point, the moon was very beautiful tonight!

No comments: