Saturday, October 30, 2010

Power to Change...

I wish to emphasize that these images and symbols were about healing but also about understanding more who I am as a woman and placed in that human and spiritual context. When I said that our culture is dominated by men and their sensibilities, it was not a disparaging remark but reflected honestly what happens here. It is how i feel women are being contained at a point of who they are and who generally have not been empowered to frame their own identity in this society. I sincerely believe this is more about control and a fear of losing power. I also think this has been true for men as well. It is not what I believe God intended as I think the Universe works toward liberating us all through equality and love. As stated before, men and women both share feminine and masculine symbols - the yin and yang. That is a controversial statement here particularly with our men who seem to stifle any thing that may resemble that quality in themselves. The women who have predominately brought up the men in our society traditionally have also attempted to squelch this in an effort to make them more 'men'. Sometimes I think that being a woman is the biggest insult based on same of the things I hear. It often seems misogynistic but I think is based is some sort of insecurity about the identity of their maleness. It is frequently played out sexually. In many other countries how men treat women may constitute as sexual harassment. I really do love men but I think we are all on this journey together to love ourselves so I will speak frankly about what I believe. I really don't think a creator placed men in charge over women and their bodies. Traditionally and culturally here this this thought has left women vulnerable to violent abuse and to question that role is to question God's authority. Many women and children have chosen in this day and age to break the silence in order to heal from these wounds and also stop these cycles of abuse. This is just one of many things that many seek to change in this society. Certainly, this is not true of all our men and women have made progressive strides in this generation to empower themselves intellectually and creatively.However, It is important to understand where we are coming from culturally and much of this has to do with power and who controls it which as the pyridine changes may evoke more violence in an attempt to hold onto that power. it is important to realize that we do not have to repeat this template and that we are all equal. These are really not the issues I wish to address but I think the creator wishes us to strive according to this equality in love not in the system of power and controls. We all part and parcel of what a society produces. I have a tendency to believe that we are (men and women ) the microcosm of the great macro universe - the center being unconditional love. This inter connectedness makes us all one. We do have the power to change and foster our own destiny with that higher understanding...God being the higher hand...

No comments: