Thursday, July 29, 2010

Being me...

I hope I have shown this transformation to be beauty, love and light. I have found this understanding of how others have perceived it to be the complete opposite. All around me sought to make it ugly, hateful and nasty through ignorance and fear. I am the same person who you trusted your children with and the one you wished a good morning to with love and affection. The decision to speak this did not come easily and I weighed it heavily against its possible repercussions particularly within my own community. I know it may change how people react to me but I did so to heal and recover. Many have wished themselves death or have self destructed simply because they could not bring themselves to admit or accept who they are. Others, like my self for many years, tried to fit into a mold of what was expected and found themselves in relationships just to conform. Power to all who may be going through this struggle whomever you are and from whatever walk. You have my greatest admiration for learning to love yourself.Sometimes it may mean letting go of things nearest and dearest to you but the gain is truly and ultimately more rewarding. I hope this in some way may bring you courage to know who you are is a road that many of us have walked down and some of us have survived. I am unorthodox and very much the artist but I see only beautiful things with this revelation and only beautiful things in those who have understood this about themselves. I am now the first to admit that it is my traditions and the way I was brought up that needs to change to embrace different perspectives on all fronts and I came from a very liberal background. Much love and respect to you and continue to be strong...

No comments: