Saturday, July 24, 2010

Belly up....

This has been a terrible time economically...I might need to get another job and soon. I think I may miss painting out on the wharf. I have met a lot of interesting people and it has been wonderful being my own boss and being able to hold my status as an artist. I have learned much from an eclectic bunch of people. I will try to maintain being there for as long as I can but I don't know if I can keep it up based on what is happening with our economy. Sadly, it is those who have their own business or is an entrepreneur who may be the first to crumble under such a weight. We shall see and I now wish I believed in a God to pray to....I suspect this is all character building and I will try to gather strength to see it through. All I know is art saves me and it is a necessity not a luxury. This is a brutish time but I am not a person who is afraid of hard work...so to back the grind and mill!

No comments: