Wednesday, July 7, 2010

ATHIEST....

I have have begun to question how systems are put into place in terms of hierarchy and orders of power. As a woman I have realized how I have allowed others particularly men to have that autonomy over me in the name of God and religion and in the context of where I have been socialized, them believing it is their divine right. This is about being contained within an order of oppression where I have been brought up to think that a child cannot question their parents without the threat of violence or a wife, her husband or question a system of authority that runs society without being a pariah. These are where the greatest abuses of power take place. I should not have had to go through such fears to introduce an alternative idea within a community with these feelings of retribution. These fears ran deep within my consciousness and in my society. The ultimate fear being violence. Although I have always seen things within a spiritual light I have realized that a new system of equality for me must happen without an autonomous omnipotent God. Therefore I have become, much to my amazement, an Atheist. It has become the great equalizer in my life that has empowered me to meet life on life's terms as well as see myself as an equal among the powers I felt entrapped within...So as a new born non- believer i wish you peace love and respect. It is easier to be human when your not trying to play God!

No comments: