Wednesday, July 14, 2010

HONESTY...

I suspect the next step is to explain myself , my travels and journey. It is good to be very honest at this point. This project has made me face myself in the deepest and profoundest ways to the core of what I believe and who I am often buried deep away from everything...If anyone has followed this insanity and the paths I have gone down, it has been about stating a world view which now I must face with honesty and truth. These have been my stepping stones and have encompassed many faiths and perspectives. As fundamentally a Christian, I have chosen to sacrifice the very meaning of who i am because it is unacceptable in my faith which ran deep within me and that is being gay. I never thought I would ever have the courage to admit this openly nor the courage to challenge my faith which came before everything. I suspect I do this now out of survival...so there you have it with honesty- I am gay. It has been a struggle to come to terms with this which has taken years for me to accept. It has not been easy. I do it still with fear but with the courage to admit it. Perhaps there is still much for me to understand but I do so now without hiding or running away through escape...peace, love and respect....continue to strive to be who you are!

No comments: