Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Spring...

I needed to have a wake up call with some water splashed in my face. I have taken the time to write and express about my most personal and intimate feelings onto this blog. That really was difficult for me as I prefer much of what I wrote about to remain private and am really very shy. I don't regret it but may have gotten lost at times in the process. It was necessary and I believe I have been very creative during this time touching on a wide array of things that were important to me. My work has waned on the dock however and the reverse seemed to happen regarding my creativity out there. I am a simple artist who prefers to draw inspiration from the immediate and subtle things around me - what I encounter everyday and the people that I meet or know, each a situation. I am in the heart of Down Town and the market place so it is normally full of eventful happenings. I am usually there for front line news occurrences. I seem to know everybody and there are those whom I prefer not to know. It is raw like the elements whether hot or cold or from cool bursts of winds coming from the harbor. My view is of the entrance and I watch with anticipation all the cruise ships coming in daily. It is especially busy around this time as I am surrounded by 'happy' spring breakers who are intent on having a good time. Today was a successful day and I worked hard. I sold out- I needed to as my bills were mounting, that never seems to stop. The competition is stiff out there and I have many rivals as a visual artist particularly from my good friend Tiffany who does beautiful Batik silk paintings with a full production of prints etc..but there are many other fine crafts people who keep me on my toes. I am no longer the only 'kid on the block' although there are few other painters like myself along the pavement. I have tried to be more health conscious but unfortunately I have gained 15lbs eating allot of cheap junk food from the stress of the last year. I think women emotionally eat. I will have to work on this. It is time to re-focus on my work as I think I have said just about all that I could regarding everything that was haunting me. I believe my drinking the other day had much to do with this new turn around as I cannot afford to go back to how I was and it filled me with fear. I have a measurement with which to draw comparisons to now. I prefer who I am compared to what I was. Peace to you and I am now back on track. It is spring now and I embrace it!..love as always...

No comments: