Friday, March 25, 2011

Love and the redemptive power of art...

It is easy for me to fall into the traps of politics. There is much for me to get angry about. I have decided this time to sit it out although this is truly hard for me. I am not a politician but love to argue.I believe now more than anything in the power of art, if not to save the world but oneself. It is important for me to continue to focus on higher aims in the name of Universal transcendence - it is where harmony and peace lies and is the source where true creativity exists with balance. Even within the darkest moment of one's despair, the act of creation saves and springs forth an eternal hope - it is redemptive.I believe you shall meet me more at the Yoga retreat this year than at a political rally in the coming season. It is my commitment to heal and grow as a human being. I know there are our divisions and I meet an impasse everyday or are in situations where it is impossible to transcend this. We are naturally divisive here and that has to to do with our history and our differences on all levels. I have a tendency to be naive about it all and am always taken off guard when it happens. It is truly the way of the world. I believe I need not explain it anymore as I have said it often enough. May we attempt to have a peaceful and civilized discourse on the issues of the day. I can be the most guilty in taking it far too personally. Art will save me this time and it is where I feel the most redeemed...peace....

No comments: