Thursday, March 31, 2011

Cultural development...

I cannot begin to express how important it is to learn as much as one can about the world in which we live in. I have used as my touchstones individuals and philosophies that are seldom talked about in today's age but have made a tremendous impact in world history and its development. Personally, these have greatly influenced my life. It appears in this information age that much of this is lost or not even considered anymore.
I have worked for over twenty years in a vast array of creative endeavors in many areas and have been trained or have had some experience in all of the things that I speak of - my resume is full. I choose now to earn my time down at the dock on Woods Rogers writing and painting as it is where I feel more at peace with myself meeting and taking with people. I suppose in actual effect that is truly what I have always done. I thought last night as I drove home, I have broadened my horizons beyond academia as I wished to learn much more about the world we live in and its people. That is vital for an artist. I have made the decision to go in a direction with my life that is purely creative above all else. I write love poems predominantly and all about the people that surround me. I have been that type of rebel all my life as personal and collective culture need to be in the constant ebb and flow with the tide of change. It needs to know life in its essence. I take on the grand, attempting to reach for life's highest ideal. I hope to reflect this in my artistic expression with good taste and that which is palatable. Life is full with some of the most amazing things and people. I hope I live a long life to see and enjoy it all...peace...

No comments: