Saturday, March 12, 2011

Slip Up...

I am sorry to admit that I had another slip up with regards to my drinking. I truly feel disappointed when I fail in my sobriety. How did it make me feel? I behaved like an ass which is what normally happens when I drink. I got angry and got into a fight- I always forget about my philosophy of love, balance and harmony. It took my two days to recover and I felt like physical wreck in that time. I forget about the hang overs or waking up thinking 'Oh my God, what have I done and who do I need to apologise to now.' It did nothing for my creativity and for that two days I could hardly work at anything. Afterwards, I remember why it is I wished to stop drinking in the first place but by that time it is too late. The only thing to do in this circumstance is to pick your self up and dust off to begin again. I have worked hard to maintain my sobriety over the past year and I have failed twice during this time. It is important to admit immediately that you are wrong and to remember that a life time of non drinking requires a humility that I have always lacked. It is crucial at this point not to be so hard on myself as this is a continuing struggle that will never end. So peace to you and I am sorry I failed this time but it is time to get back on track...love and harmony...

No comments: