Monday, September 6, 2010

Renewed Faith...

I am renewed in faith. It is silly but this has been a terrible time for me financially. As I said before I have been working out on the Wharf selling souvenirs items while catering to the cruise ships that come into the harbor. This has been an extraordinarily bad time for business so much so that I was about to give up in spite of how hard I have worked during my time out there. Perhaps I am grasping at straws but today was my make or break day truly and may have been my last. I was down to my last penny literally as I have not made a sale in over two weeks and sales had dropped drastically over the past five months . Mondays are traditionally bad days and most Bahamians decide to stay away on this day for that reason. I arrived this morning with very little hope for any success but before I knew it I had sold out of all of my paintings by mid day in fact I wished I had more materials to carry on for the rest of the day to make more sales. This was a miracle to me as simple as this seems because it is well known that the Disney ship seldom provides much income for Sales vendors. This was proven wrong today and as ridiculous as this sounds an answer to a prayer. Moral of the story -it is important to keep going in spite of the difficult times and these are definitely times to be proactive and to keep the faith...sometimes you don't know how the hand will work...

No comments: