Friday, May 13, 2011

The Production of 'Rise'...


I have spent the last year facing my fears, spouting aphorisms and leaping with faith into my imagination. It was a difficult year as these deep fears and insecurities were reflected in my creative visual work and I became impotent at times. I still am struggling with getting back to a creative state with which to do my paintings after losing my footing. These fears were also released through my inner thoughts onto these blog entries. I started with the announcement that I was going to write and direct a play about homosexuality entitled 'Rise' with the image of a bird in flight. It was me admitting my own orientation and set forth with dedication to see this project completed. Efforts now are going into seeing it realized on stage. I held onto my spirituality with tenacity to help me through the process. I feared most of all doing a play like this in our Country. I felt exposed and vulnerable. This is my pilot project after giving up drinking after years of abuse. It is important to see it through to its end for many reasons. It is a good play and it is written with a sexual candor that before I may have avoided. So I am now back to where I started.It is a personal triumph regardless of how it is received and I have approached it with body and soul. I am half way there now as it must now find its way into production. I am inspired and know already its most important success, my having the courage to do it!...peace...

No comments: