Sunday, August 1, 2010

Home and Country...

I just had a conversation about the state of conditions in our country. I can't help thinking that we are our worst enemies when it comes to any progress regarding here. I know there is a lot of potential based on the people I meet from all walks and back grounds but they seem to be as frustrated as myself when it comes to actually being able to get into the system to make affective changes. There truly are far too many divisions and prejudices existing which is why many opt to leave the Bahamas and work and live else where. I consider this daily. There really must now be proper dialogue happening to heal our divides so that well meaning people can help us grow and progress. I hear things like 'that one is a sissy' or 'that one is a PLP' or 'that one is a FNM' or 'that one is white' or 'that one is a foreigner'. In the mean time our Country is going to the dogs. Personally, I have never been able to get into the system to make any contribution. I suspect with my new revelations that will be even more a reason to exclude me further. I don't know what can be done to start changing this place other than a complete new start but sometimes it is just good to air one's frustrations. I just hope they don't blame me for any of it as I have never been able to get in at any time. So if your looking to blame someone then look at the people who have been running this place because others of us have only been able to address any thing from the fringe. It is criminal what is happening here and it is just being done for the sake of power and control. I think a Nation now is beginning to wake up. Perhaps that is when real change will happen. I hope it can be done with all of our efforts and perspectives but perhaps that is being too optimistic. I think any concerned citizen should continue to rebel against the staunch traditional strangle hold that has this Nation gripped into a stasis. Those who have placed themselves in positions of power should move wisely to create an environment which is conducive to all of us as citizens so that we can move more progressively together with some sort of unity. personally, I don't know how anyone is going to help anybody when there are such awful things being said about everybody. So for now I think the marginalization will continue to happen where the gap between the educated and the not educated will widen and this can be identified culturally...

No comments: