Sunday, August 29, 2010

Crisis of Faith....

I have returned to believing in a creator although I have still chosen not to follow any Organized Religion. I did go through a crisis of faith which had to do with my transformation and transition of being gay. It is important to emphasize that as an artist I have always followed a spiritual path, exploring many faiths and beliefs. It is hard sometimes to continue to believe in something when all about you seems chaotic or if things do not work to plan in ones own life. It is also difficult to continue to follow any thing once understanding how this has been manipulated for the sake of power. This happens a lot here and elsewhere. I believe I have highlighted things in the Judaic, Christian faith that are relevant to a progressive way forward and which are being discussed elsewhere. The question that has always arisen with me, as someone who has always been a devout follower, is whether a God could accept me for my preference. I have concluded that a loving God accepts everyone and further more has made us all as part of a grand design. When I was a child I once wore a fine garment. It was so beautiful that everyone who passed admired it. I was proud to be seen in the cloth. I went home and took off the clothes and displayed it on the bed, looking at it with all its beauty. I wished to wear it always. I soon realized it was not me they were admiring but the garment I wore. I thought to myself that something that could be so easily taken off was not me at all. This is how I feel about the realization of being gay. If others can not accept me for who I am away from what I wore on the outside then they were not seeing me for who I really was. I have decided to strip myself of this garment. At times I feel exposed but it is where my true faith comes in and a greater belief in a higher authority.

No comments: