Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Being Strong...

It is not surprising that many gay people in the Bahamas choose to be silent about their lifestyle as there are real fears surrounding persecution as a result of it. It may have repercussions on one's job not to mention the nasty things that are said about the individual but I say to these people who find themselves in this situation to see these other people as the ones with the real problem. This society is backwards and it stifles any progress about personal liberties because it insists on parochial isms that are outdated. This is just a word of encouragement to continue to live life according to one's self. I am gay and it has been a long struggle just to learn to love myself. I could write a book on it perhaps one day I will.The first right afforded to anyone should be the right to love. It is beautiful to be who you are. May be I'm biased but I am beginning to think that gay people are perhaps the nicest people and the most courageous. Peace and continue to be strong in who you are...

No comments: