Saturday, August 14, 2010

Free speech...

I feel now that I can become the artist that was I intended to be. It is difficult not to be afraid of expressing what one is feeling with honesty and without fear if one is gay. This is a rebirth with new metaphors and an elaboration on the ones I have. As an artist I must follow the path of my truth beyond censorship complete with free speech. I intend to test the ethics of this Democracy and within the backdrop of a pluralistic and diverse society. It is important for everyone to feel that they are safe to be who they are free of persecution or the fear of being harmed. Until this is possible in our society for all then it is important to continue challenge these orders of control which seek to intimidate individuals into submission. Certainly I am not just a gay artist and have a wider view other than that marginalization but I shall no longer be afraid of living it either...

No comments: