Sunday, July 3, 2011

Originally written in the summer of 2010
Meant to...

I heard it in the sound
in the harbor breeze
running fast over waves
from churning seas
that I was meant
to love... no less
than all
I heard it in a voice
I saw it in a smile
with gentle feet that walked
and when they stopped awhile
that I was meant
to love...absolutely
a glass heart
shattering
with gusts of wind
and love
overflowing
into a cup to sip from
drinking not much
but a drop
holding everything...


All Paths..
.
you are the path
to which
all paths have led
leading to the center
and the heart
of the Sun...



Only You...

I cannot love
but whom I love

whom my heart
says I must
I cannot lie
in that truth
and only lay

within that truth..


DOUBT...

I lose faith
when that happens
I get angry
with myself and others
world crumbling
around me...
so
I hold onto believing
dreaming unrealistically
into a pool
of possibilities
swimming in the humility
of not knowing...



ever enough...

I love you
breast and soul
could that ever be enough
to touch your heart?
I don't have much
but if I were
promised a kingdom
of riches
it would mean nothing
without you in it
and God would have
no meaning
if it were in heaven
I love you
would that ever be enough
to touch your soul?
we live in a land
full of bigotry
fearing ourselves
everyday I am afraid
that those I love
will walk away
some will
I took the chance
of loving me
that will have to do
I guess I don't give
a damn
I love you
will that ever be enough?
a chance with me
is only love...

No comments: